Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Right Tools

HAVE THE RIGHT TOOLS

You must have the right tools for the right job.  It took me years to learn this.  I have always used a liquid foundation and have used my fingers to apply my foundation.  




When I started selling Avon I was introduced to a lot of different techniques for applying makeup. One of them was to use a foundation brush for liquid foundation. It really does work wonders and I would never be without my foundation brush again. When you use a brush you get a more even coverage, less streaks and you use less product which will save you $$ and that is what we all want!

If you use powder foundation of course you know you have to use a brush but not just any brush will do.  I recently switched from a liquid foundation to a powder and had an old Kabuki brush that I had never taken very good care of.  I cleaned it up and thought it was good to go, well like anything else brushes wear out and need to be replaced.  I replaced mine with of course Avon All Over Face Brush.


This does a very nice job of applying my makeup.  It gives you an even application.  If you have a worn out brush makeup tends to clump in different parts of the brush and then you've got too much here and not enough there...so make sure you take care of your brushes!  Oils and bacteria can build up in your brushes so make sure you clean them at least once a week.  I use a solution of water and vinegar to clean my brushes.  I make sure I get all the water out, reshape them and let them air dry overnight.  




No comments:

Post a Comment